3D Airport

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/3D Airport

asdfasdf(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have an Airport Building that will be the main menu:

And the Gate:

And I am try to have a Gate B3D conected to an Airport B3D. Is there any way to get them to connect so you can go from the Building in to the Gate? And I also need to be able to know where the user is so I can put pictures on the screen. I am using an example from the maplet 'test.bb'. If any body can show me how in an example. The building and the gate are two different B3D's.

Red(Posted 2004) [#2]
Fix your post

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#3]
If both models have a hole, you can align both models in your .bb program so that you can walk through it. If they don't then you have to open them in your favourite 3D Editor and 'bridge' the sides you want to connect.

The best way to do it obviously to model both in one editor. A structure like this is easy in maplet.

Regards,
Dirk

asdfasdf(Posted 2004) [#4]
Is there an impoter for B3D for Milkshape3D?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
No direct importer, no. You can get b3d models into Milkshape by converting via some other tool. For example, you can open a b3d model in Ultimate Unwrap and save to Milkshape file format.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's crap, no importer, me thinks :(

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#7]
isn't the exporter source code available? Shouldn't be too hard to redo that to an importer.

Tracer

asdfasdf(Posted 2004) [#8]
I don't have C++ yet.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#9]
FYI : Most dial-up users would be kickin ya right now if there wasnt such thing as compression among data....

I don't have C++ yet.

Go grab the compiler now then fer free : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=32839

And if needed grab an IDE somewhere for it...