Anybody here developed any plugins yet for CShop?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anybody here developed any plugins yet for CShop?

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi again all..

Just curious to see if anybody here has made any attempts
at trying to create any plugins for CShop4.1 yet?

A .B3D or .X import plugin would be great and I would be
happy to pay for it if someone has the time to develope it
as I dont have much time myself at the moment! Please let me know if anyone is up for the challenge or no?!

Many thank's in advance...

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#2]
I just use the .csm format... Give me more control over how I can deal with the maps. (The .csm loader code is located in the help file)

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah.. But Im' wanting to set up my models in CShop and then
just load in the whole map... Models and all in one load!
That's why it would be nice to have the ability to import .B3D or .X models into CShop.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#4]
There is a prefabmaker prog in the downloads section, that loads 3ds, x or b3d (i think) and saves a csm. There are apparently some problems with it not loading some 3ds files, but that's just up to the Blitz3D 3ds loader.

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#5]
Your initial post is not clear as to what type of plugins you are looking for, I presumed you ment export plugins since the prefab maker already covers importing.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#6]
Well.. The prefabmaker4 utility can convert a .X or .B3D file into a .csm CShop4.1 prefab... But the texture UV's are lost and the texture comes out completely wrong! If this could be corrected or something... Then the prefabmaker4 utility program could actualy work quite nicely! But untill then... I can't import models into CShop!!! This could be also why alot of people aren't using the Singularity engine for that same reason!!! Make it so that people can import at least .B3D & .X model files into CShop4.1 without all the fuss, And you might see alot more people using the Singularity in conjunction with Cshop! I think CShop is really dam good and all... But it really needs this ability to import models into it to make it a worth while map editor! I hope Josh or someone will make this happen some day soon!