LW > B3D exporter update

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/LW > B3D exporter update

Tom(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

My old LScript B3D exporter should have a minor (but long overdue!) update in a few days. I finaly managed to figure out how to access certain info in Layout, so no need for that pain in the ass exporting data from Modeler no more!

Having tweaked pivot rotation on Bones is working

Blended weighting works fine.

Issues I have not dealt with are to do with discontinuous UVs. You'll still have to make sure there are none for the time being. (discontinuous UVs are those seemingly 'uneditable' UVs you see in LWs UV window)

LW 7.5c will be needed due to it having a newer version of LScript, it's a free update from v7.0

More info soon.
Tom

Avrigus(Posted 2004) [#2]
Excellent, good to hear Tom. I hope you have bone scaling supported!

Tom(Posted 2004) [#3]
Scaling's always been there. Actualy B3D files exported using the older script may have been slightly bigger than they they needed to be as I was exporting position, rotation & scaling data for every frame.

Tom

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#4]
Excellent, good to hear Tom. I hope you have bone scaling supported!

The convertor has been updated with the scale keys now. I should work, but I haven't had time to test it. Make sure you set keys for all keyframes with HPB XYZ SX SY SZ values.

:)

@ Tom

Glad to hear you're still out there with the Lscript stuff. The link to your old one on the Specs and Utils page is corrupt, so most people haven't got access to it at the moment. There will always be some advantages to 'Exporters' over 'Convertors'. You've got more patience with Lscript than I had! ;)