WinBlitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D

Kev(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi

*EDIT new mixed mode example

Ive started a WinAPI gui dll for blitz3d, ive kept the command syntax similar to blitzplus, most blitz plus examples should compile with very little modification :)

the example just contains the dll and .exe, i will be releasing as freeware(none commercial use) when ive added more functionality.

currently ive added support for creating windows , push buttons , checkbox buttons, ratio buttons, textfield's, listview's, open/save file requesters, borders.

like i said this is just an early version, all window/gadget events are detected.

; true mode and mixed 3D-GUI example and .dll
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pamela.poole/WinBlitz3D.zip

what you think?

kev

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not bad.. reminds me of VisualBasic gui building.. keep us informed! this could be a winner.

Rottbott(Posted 2004) [#3]
This should be perfect for 3D map editors!

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#4]
Make it's windows' parent the DirectX screen and you have a DEFINITE winner.

(It's a radio button btw... not ratio.)

As it stands it's still pretty good. I like it. :)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
I wonder why nobody has done this before? It's so useful.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#6]
Kanati, im adding 2D/3D type window canvas's like them in blitz plus. i want to get these working next now ive done window\gadget events code. a radio button not ratio ;) my mistake.

kev

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#7]
Will there be a commercial version too?

Kev(Posted 2004) [#8]
Skitchy

a small cash amount will be charged for use in commercially released products, people will be free to use it as shareware\freeware under the licence agreement.

the licence agreement will include.
people using WinBlitz3D in a shareware\freeware product are required to give credit for the winblitz3d gui support.

kev

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#9]
very nice.
this is what we need.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#10]
hi

checkout the new example above, a mixed 3D\GUI mode demo this still needs a little work though. the example lets you rotate a 3d cube using a push button, like i say theres still some work needed for repainting the window.

kev

Tom(Posted 2004) [#11]
EDIT: Doh! It looks like you are uploading a new version as I'm trying to download it :)

Nice work!

Hi Kev,

Winzip says the first demo is corrupt, I tried downloading a few times, could you try re-uploading it please?

Thanks
Tom

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#12]
Hi Kev,

I just tried it, but the cube doesn't rotate when I push the button... instead, it just opens a message box with the button id.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#13]
sorry try again, the zip now has both examples in it.

kev

Kev(Posted 2004) [#14]
chris, there should be no message box with the 3D\GUI mixed mode example? are you trying 'WinBlitz3D_SharedGUI.exe'?

kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#15]
I'm getting a message box with the 3D\GUI mixed mode example too, it says "Events 00000234".

Keep up the good work though, looks promising.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#16]
what version of windows are you trying it on, im using winme and works fine here.

I think ive fixed the problem, can you test the example below and let me know.

*EDIT - yes there a problem with my event handlers returned values not being correct over windows version. not a problem i just need to a better way of passing the events back to blitz.

thanks
kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#17]
I'm using WinXP Home.

I tried the fixtest and it now gives me "Events 0000026E"

Kev(Posted 2004) [#18]
thanks Algo, Ive updated the above download the new version has been tested under winme and winxp. It was the event handler that was the problem.

kev

Algo(Posted 2004) [#19]
Yeah I've tried it and the box rotates, no messages.

The button and checkbox disappear after the first click though, I guess you know about that.

Kev(Posted 2004) [#20]
yes im looking into it now. there still there though its the window not being redrawn.

i do this

Graphics3D 640,480,16,3 ;
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
camera = CreateCamera()
CameraViewport camera,10,10,200,200
cube = CreateCube()
PositionEntity cube,0,0,5
light = CreateLight()
PointEntity light,cube

UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip

then i call WinBlitz(RUNTIME_Window, 1) to share the window. now in the main loop i do.

Proccess_Gadget_EVENTS = EventSource()
Select Proccess_Gadget_EVENTS
Case button_Push
TurnEntity cube,10,10,10
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
flip

End Select

its the flip that causes the problems, im working on correcting the problem.