IDE for Blitz

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/IDE for Blitz

23v(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

I have been out of the Blitz scene for some time and believe there are a few IDE's out there for it now, anyone point me in the right direction.

Andy

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#2]
I highly recommend ProteanIDE:
http://www.proteanide.co.uk

It's by far the best IDE I've used for Blitz.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm thinking of restarting my ide too... but I also recommend Protean. It's, as said, by far the best blitz IDE right now with some others coming in relatively close seconds.

Kanati

Mousey(Posted 2004) [#4]
Protean gets my vote too!

Red(Posted 2004) [#5]
Try Visual Blitz :)

IDE section : http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?cat=11

23v(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks guys.

Andy

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#7]
my votes for Visual Blitz, but Protean looks very nice as well - just not my kind of IDE.

Avrigus(Posted 2004) [#8]
I just purchased Visual Blitz last week and haven't looked back. Very nice IDE at just the right price :-)

Jazzyhat(Posted 2004) [#9]
BlitzView -- Free & Good !!

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#10]
Visual Blitz rules!, purchased it last month and couldn't dream of using anything else.. Its not bloated like some of the other IDE's and yet it maintains a robust list of features.. Features that are directly related to what you need.

VisualBlitz is a dream, don't code without!

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#11]
I can code without visual blitz
But I need to code in anew editor

What was my point?

23v(Posted 2004) [#12]
Just to update, I bought Protean and its truly fantastic.

Andy

SytzeZ(Posted 2008) [#13]
Anyone heard of IDEal?
www.fungamesfactory.com

Vertigo(Posted 2008) [#14]
Woah talk about bringing a thread back from the dead haha.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#15]
I've heard of IDEal. But it never existed four years ago when this thread was started.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#16]
IDEal is fantastic! Probably the best IDE I`ve ever used. Well worth downloading especially as it is free.

On a more gloomy note, we haven`t heard anything from the author in quite a long time now. I truly hope that IDEal is no longer being developed as it has so much potential still.

Jason.

LiamShearer(Posted 2008) [#17]
project studio ftw!

GfK(Posted 2008) [#18]
I honestly don't think there's any point in recommending an IDE to somebody who hasn't been here since 2004...

(but yeah, I use Project Studio too)

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#19]
Visual blitz is great for b3d, reccomend 100%. Its a featured and easy to use IDE without being complicated or over the top.

(not sure if it takes max yet)

-"years ago when this thread was started. "

Lol.. oh yeah. undead thread

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#20]
IDEal
http://www.fungamesfactory.com

_33(Posted 2008) [#21]
Honestly IDEal is good. Some bugs are still left in it, but overall it is a fine product.

alain(Posted 2008) [#22]
+1 for IDEal.

A really great product, I use it everyday.

The only annoying thing is the way tabs works: you cannot close a file tab if you don't want to see it.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#23]
+1 for IDEal...

IPete2.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#24]
The only annoying thing is the way tabs works: you cannot close a file tab if you don't want to see it.

CTRL + F4 ?

alain(Posted 2008) [#25]
nope mortiis, if you do try to close a tab, IDEal removes it from your project.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#26]
Weird, never happened to me. You don't have to save the workspace every time do you know that? Just save the .bb files. Workspace is just a reference holds the adresses of your source files included that's all.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#27]
IDEal is..er..ideal.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#28]
_33

IDEal has bugs? I`ve never found any. Please let us know what they are I`m curious that I`ve yet to come across them.

Jason.

Abrexxes(Posted 2008) [#29]
Dont use " if you are working with HOTCODE.

A line like Print "blub" will only return Print because IDEal use "" to declare HOTCODES. ("Print "blub"")

;)

_33(Posted 2008) [#30]
I had a bug with the backup files. When loading a backup of one of my sources, it would crash the IDE. There are other bugs that I found, just can't remember them right now.

Axel Wheeler(Posted 2008) [#31]
I use IDEal. It loads so much faster than Protean. For some reason that's important to me even though I don't turn off my computer or the IDE very often.

The downside of IDEal for me is the intellisense is pretty basic; just the arguments to the command, not what they mean (like textureblend flags and so on). With Protean you really don't have to go to the documentation as often.

Both are excellent and free.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#32]
IDEal is a little bit better than Protean. that's my opinion, but you really should try both! besides: protean has problems with vista...

DareDevil(Posted 2008) [#33]
The best editor is IDEAL :D

Barton(Posted 2008) [#34]
IDEAL is the best and it supports Unicode Fonts in Code !!

Tab(Posted 2008) [#35]
IDEAL is great, but i have a problem with search ( multifile project ), sometimes the search don't move to the line were he found the text.