Project PLASMA FPS Online Documentation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Project PLASMA FPS Online Documentation

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#1]
Project PLASMA FPS Online Documentation. Generated with the help of . Check out the latest updates on the TODO List.

PS: Lastest PPF2K4 Demo and updates available here

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Why isn't this in the sticky thread? Nice work btw.

Robert(Posted 2004) [#3]
Can you turn off the "feature" where links increase in size as you mouse over them. I find that it makes the site rather frustrating to navigate.

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'm, when possible, trying to keep an eye watching what you are doing in this project.

It's pretty interesting actually :)

But I would only like to say I think you guys are "partitioning" the code too much.

Sometimes I can see a problem that have to be resolved with a few vars and one or two functions, is actually resolved with vars + types + arrays + lot of functions + ...

I think you work this ways because at last the code ended up being easy to understand by anyone... but at the same time this will cause the game render unplayable in any pc..., there is just too much code out there to be handle by Blitz ... and this kind of problems won't show up until the game is near finished and you start to join all code pieces together...

Of course, don't take this as a flame..

later!
Paolo.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
I totally agree with you, Paolo, that was one reason for I found myself being not compatible with the proclamated coding style of the project plasma.

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#6]
That's some nice docs you've put togethor there! But, I do have to agree with Roberts that the mouse-over text size changing thing can get annoying. I definetly need to start using cod2doc myself!

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
Well, it's still work in progress apparently, but you really should describe return types, arguments, functions, types, etc. It helps in the long run for when you may have potential users. Just a description of the module isn't enough in most cases. For example, your AI 'sub object' is described at the top of the page basicly, but even given the simple (perhaps, it depends on the subject) function names there's not much information as to what they're going to do when called.

Just my opinion, you don't have to like it.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#8]
@Roberts, Todd
Ill fix the link hover resizing.

@Paolo
I strictly use Blitz Types and Arrays of Types to manage data. I generate code modules with a code a wizard from a blitz type. It produces many common functions, some needed, some not. I simply haven't removed them. If you experienced a performance impact with a large number functions within blitz please explain.

@Noel
Its work in progress. I'll will be adding descriptions in my spare time.

N(Posted 2004) [#9]
I'd just recommend doing all of the descriptions in a single burst (might take a little over an hour). It works quite well doing it that way 'cause then you get all of that out of the way. And then, when you add anything new, immediately describe it and its properties.