Trouble animating...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Trouble animating...

OrcSlayer(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm trying to get a B3D model (Psionics' Ninja, got it for testing) to animate, and I can't seem to set up sequences. It simply plays every single frame. I had no problems animating MD2, but it uses a different method (tell it exactly which frames when you give it the animate command). The AddAnimSeq command doesn't seem to do anything at all... What am I missing here?

Matty(Posted 2004) [#2]
Have you tried ExtractAnimSeq?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#3]
have a look at this - :

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=660

p.s. if you replace the Keydown function with the KeyHit function you can get rid of all thise latch_key variables - don't know what I was thinking at the time...........

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#4]
With MD2 you tell it which frames to animate when you call the animate command. With b3d you define the frames ahead of time using ExtractAnimSeq. Then use the appropriate sequence number (sequences are numbered in the order they are extracted) when calling the Animate command.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2004) [#5]
ExtractAnimSeq...Is that even in the docs(the ones that come with the program)? I looked everywhere and didn't see that...

Thanks, I had no clue about that command. Will certainly help...

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's in the documentation. Look in the Entity Animation section, or look alphabetically.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2004) [#7]
Checked alphabetically, not there. I'll just get the info I need from the online docs (they always seem to be up to date).

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#8]
Have you upgraded your documentation? Note that documentation updates are a separate download from updating the core software.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2004) [#9]
I did, but it still seems to be out of date (none of the recent features, like cubemapping, are in there)...maybe it didn't install correctly. I'll download it again and see...