Memebrs Needed for Final Phantasy Unleashed

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Memebrs Needed for Final Phantasy Unleashed

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi everyone!

Well, i`m currently creating a 3D RPG and my team, TriglowSoft, is willing to recruit some more members:

-3D artists-For creating the towns,villages,etc with textures
-Coders for the special effects

As for the 3d artists, they should be able to send the files in the 3d studio max(any version),maya,3ds or direct x format.

Well the game gonna be a 3D RPG with Turn based battle system. The game`s engine is at an advanced stage and the battle system is in development. The interfaces are mostly done and now only content is needed.

If you wanna see some screens of the game or more info about, please mail me or reply here or check our website.

Thank you,
KovaSteel

http://triglowsoft.com.co.nr/

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
I suggest you post some screenshots right up front. No matter how bad they look without content, it should show that you're a competent programmer and have a working system ready to use. Maybe even put together a quick demo application to show its functionality.

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you concerning content though, sorry.

Good luck with this.

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#3]
Well as stated by Noel, here are some screens of the game.The screens are actual ones from the PLAYABLE game.Most of the models are only used for testing.Everything was coded by me and i also made the interfaces.

The first two ones show the battle system. The battle system is still in development and currently supports only 1 character. The support for 3 is being added.

Sorry for the crappy content in the other screens but that`s the reason for me to recruit artists.

And i forgot to say, all artists and coders will be given full credit in the intro of the game and in the ending. If it matters, this is a non-commercial project and no money is going to be made from it or anything.

Most of the towns have already been sketched on paper to provide a visual aid to the modellers, so as to make the job a bit easier.

All interested artists and coders, please mail me.

Thanks,
KovaSteel

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'd like to help! But I don't think Im anywhere near good enough haha! Good luck with this though - I liked the FF games on the Playstation and this looks very 'FF' indeed :)

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#5]
This stuff remindes me of my own RPG... Beyond the Phantasy III. Damn it rocked working on that game. To bad RPG's take up sooo much of your time and to bad i had to go to university. I might be interested in coding you're special effects but as i must warn you uni will take up most of my time. So you might not find me usefull enough i'm afraid... Good luck on the project!

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#6]
Do you think it will be ok using such a popular and trademarked name as Final Fantasy (and yes, Phantasy is very similar).. do you expect to hear from Square Enix?

I wish you luck with this project anyhow ^^

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#7]
I don`t think i`ll be hearing from square. There are other games which put it right FINAL FANTASY and they got nothing. Moreover this project is free and even if they contact me, I`ll just change it :)

Well, if anyone wanna help,even if only for a short time(I know quite well how busy we get with real life and our projects), then please mail me or visit our website:
http://triglowsoft.com.co.nr

Thanks,
KovaSteel

TheMan(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hi, very good screenshots, you said its "non-commercial project and no money is going to be made from it or anything." so what is your plans for releasing it.

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hehehe! Perhaps it may sound surprising but it`s just for the sake of making of a game. I`ve always LOVED the final fantasy games(got the whole serie:FFIII to FFX-2) and since I also enjoy programming, I was quite willing to start my own sequel. Well i think that`s a valid enough reason for creating a free game.

Again,anybody interested in participating in the project just mail me!

Thanks,
KovaSteel

GfK(Posted 2004) [#10]
I don`t think i`ll be hearing from square. There are other games which put it right FINAL FANTASY and they got nothing.
Because somebody else has got away with it (thus far), doesn't somehow magically make it legal.
Moreover this project is free and even if they contact me, I`ll just change it :)
I'm afraid that argument will hold little water if they find out and decide to sue you for loss of profits for the time it WAS called Final Phantasy. Because - as I'm sure you'll admit - your game looks nowhere near as good as the original Final Fantasy series and that could put people off buying those titles.

That's the argument they'd use in court, and its a very strong one. Its highly likely they'd win, as well. In that case, you'd have to pay a vast amount of compensation. If you haven't got money, they'll take your belongings including your house and your car and anything else of any value. If your family has anything of value that you benefit from, that will go as well. So, bye-bye television set etc. You *could* end up bankrupt.

Change the name now - you're skating on very thin ice. It simply is not worth the risk.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#11]
It's just a name. Change it to something original. Why invite trouble?

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#12]
also your using models from polycount and they are characters from other licenced series ... heh sorry no dice

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#13]
also your using models from polycount and they are characters from other licenced series ... heh sorry no dice

I wonder if that's because he's following the advice everyone gives to people looking to start teams? You know? Go away and don't come back until you've got something working with placeholders to show us. Well that's what he's done. If he didn't need artists, he wouldn't be asking for artists. If he didn't have anything to show you'd criticise him for that too. Nice to have it both ways.

Changing the name is advisable, however.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#14]
First and fore most thats is a big assumtion to make. Second off passing off some cool screenies of chars he didnt make doesnt count as work in my book. third i don't care if he finishes his project or not, im busy with my own....

and here was no advice given, i was mereely stating that he cant use his game because he might be in violation with other company's for using models that resemble their caharacters... but hey i was just pointing out a lil fact ... DOH myself for pointing that out...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#15]
First and fore most thats is a big assumtion to make.

I call it giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Assuming he was trying to pass them off as his own work or that he intended them to be part of the final product is also an assumption. I just chose to assume the best until given reason to believe otherwise.

Second off passing off some cool screenies of chars he didnt make doesnt count as work in my book.

There appears to be a ( partly ) functional battle system in there too. Are you suggesting he downloaded that from polycount too?

third i don't care if he finishes his project or not, im busy with my own....

Well it's good that you could afford some of your time to stop in and criticise a project you were unable to work on anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I'm the first to criticise team requests that are essentially "hello, i've just bought blitz, i don't know anything about it but I'd like to make a game just like Halo/Morrowind/GTA3/Elite. I'll need people to do programming, modelling, textures, sound, music and networking.. I'll just be in charge and tell you all what to do." I can understand why people tell them to go away and come back when they've got something to demonstrate ability/commitment/seriousness.

I just think it's a bit mean when they do that and they still get criticised. It's hard to judge from the screenshots, but speaking as someone who would like to write an RPG one day, it looks like quite a lot of work has been done to me.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#16]
Hey KovaSteel, I'll be willing to help a little with coding, even though I'm probably not as good as most other people here :)
I'm totally horrible at modelling, so can't help you there ;D

DarkEagle(Posted 2004) [#17]
yo, darklordz, ive seen you tell people to give an example of their work in team request threads, and when they do, you bash them?

nice, real nice :P

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#18]
I never said I made these models,"if it really matters!". This was only to demonstrate that my engine was ready to accept models from the artists. Those models are supposed only to be for testing uses and they are no way to be delivered in the final version, unless i contact their authors and they provide me permission. As for the name, well i`ll look at it with the other members.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#19]
I can't email ya right now KovaSteel, so please send a scetch of anything you want modelled... Anything you need modelled. It doesn't really matter as I can model anything granted the scetches are logical.

KovaSteel(Posted 2004) [#20]
Well,if we could back on the track of what this post is supposed to be,I`m still looking for modellers and coders. Just mail me!

Thanks,
KovaSteel