Need Charactor Models

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Need Charactor Models

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey guys, I'm thinking about making some generic charactor models in B3D format for testing. I do 3d animation stuff for a living so making them is not much of a stretch. Mostly I'm doing them to get better at texturing UV based objects, but the modelling is pretty easy. I'll probably have my friend Tom do the charactor animtion, he loves that stuff. Anyway, I'm probably going to give out anything we make so I figured I would ask if you guys had any requests for charactor models. For now I'm guessing we may make one or two. I'd like to make them as high quality as possible. We'll probably make some weapons models too. So if you guys want a particular model requests, speak up.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'd be interested in people's requests too. I've been thinking of doing something like Craig describes, only probably for sale cheap, not free. Y'know, provide people a resource like DarkMatter, only much higher quality. While I have some generic characters in mind to create, I'd also like to know what sorts of characters people are most interested in/needing.

vibe37(Posted 2004) [#3]
I would like to see more undead creatures that are NOT zombies like e.g. skeletons, ghouls, specters, undead animals and so on... At the moment I'm using the monsters that come with DarkMatter and while they IMO aren't modelled THAT bad I think their animations suck big time.

Kungfista

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#4]
A nice female model like L_Draven posted =)

Some high poly detailed robots.

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#5]
I would be very interested in this. I was so disappointed with DarkMatter, because the models were not as good quality or well-animated as I believe they could have been. I need this sort of thing, because I am hopeless at 3D modelling, yet am not doing anything worth warranting the purchase of real pro models for £100's