Question about ColDet DLL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Question about ColDet DLL

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#1]
Anyone know how I could alter a Coldet objects scale to match the blitz entity. There is the coldet_setmatrix to update position/rotation but no command for updating scale.

rhuk(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sorry to hijack your thread, but as you have used coldet you might be able to answer a question i'm having with it.

Coldet deals with entites generaly and coldet entities specifically. Did you write a wrapper ontop of coldet to support entity types in a similar fashion to blitz's or NulearGlory's collisions?

It seems the only way to use coldet in blitz effectively in a situation with lots of different possible collision types would be to do something like this. Just wandering if I should start the endeavor myself or if someone has done this already. If so I would be most appreciated to find out how you did it.

Cheers,

StOrM3(Posted 2004) [#3]
I need an answer to this scaling of entities as well, since I am rewriting my entire game around coldet now... I don't want to have to load all my obj's back into milkshape and rescale and re-export all of them again.

Someone let me know if scale entities will work with coldet mesh as well.

elias_t(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hi.
Coldet does not work with scales.
You have to scale your object in blitz before you create the coldet object.

However a quick and dirty hack is to free your coldet object , scale the blitz object and recreate the coldet object.

Bye.

Elias.