tokamak collisions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/tokamak collisions

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
I finally finished mucking aabout with my conrols for my space ship test, and now I've hit something twice as annoying seeming. I have 2 tokamak rigid body objects, both consisting of 14 geometries (actually they're the same thing, except one of them doesn't move). One of my rigid bodies is propelled by applying tokrb_applyimpulse2 to certain portions of the object. I expected, judging by the way most of the work is done for me, that tokamak would automatically do collisions for me once I set up the rigid bodies. Oddly, it didn't. At least not for the front portion of the ship, which would just pass through any rigid body object. After panicking, and blindly adding various collision commands, it stopped detecting collisions altogether. I'm pretty sure that it should work at this point, but oddly, my ship is just passing through the other one. What am I doing wrong? How do I set up tokamak collisions so that they work? Is it because my object is constantly moving?

The file is for download at [url] http://www.freewebs.com/bass-line/projects/spaceTest.zip [/url]
Sorry, my comments are a bit messed up right now because I recently buchered my program.

About controls: + on num-pad accelerates, - on num-pad slows down (no need to hold them), backspace instantly goes to max speed, 0 cuts engines, w rolls left, e rolls right, arrow keys control pitch and yaw.

On the top left corner of the screen is the framerate, thrust, render time, physics time, and it says if (using blitz's meshesintersect) the two ships are actually colided. It may be easier to test if you parent cam1 to ship01. Just do that when it's created (it should be marked).

PS: While you're at it, what do you think of my current gameplay feel? Do you think it should be looser or stiffer or anything?