Version 1.86 and datapak

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Version 1.86 and datapak

jreyes(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi everyone
I have just upgraded to version 1.86 and an architectural walk through lightmapped with gile[s] and with its resources packed with datapack is behaving extrange.
To be more specific, first level invocations such as loadimage(Pak("image.jpg")) or loadmesh(Pak("mesh.b3d")) work fine but second level ones such as those loadmesh has to do in order to load its own textures are not.
Reading the tiny doc I have about datapak, once it finds a geometry file name such as .x or .b3d it tries to find out which textures will that geometry demand in order to unpack them in advance. ¿Could this process have been affected by the change of versión? ¿Has anyone faced the same problem or could try to reproduce it?

All the best,
-Javier

jreyes(Posted 2004) [#2]
Me again...

Only to say that the visual result of the problem is that the geometry is missing most of its textures, lightmap included...

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#3]
It shouldn't be. If you can send me an example of it happening, I'll look into it.

jreyes(Posted 2004) [#4]
Lee,
I have just sent you the example. Thanks for your time. I didnt know how to get to you, otherwise I would have contacted you directly.

best regards,
-Javier

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ok. All sorted, the updated bones.bb is on its way to you.

jreyes(Posted 2004) [#6]
Lee,

Thanks very much for your help. It works perfectly. Datapak is a really nice piece of software. Keep up the great work.

Regards,
-Javier

Imphenzia(Posted 2004) [#7]
Can the updated packer be found anywhere? I am (along with many others probably) interested in using it.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#8]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=31736

or check the Toolbox :)

Imphenzia(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks!