B3d update details

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3d update details

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#1]
I always forget where this durn info is tucked away on the site. Just wanted to peruse the detailed list of changes to find out if it's worth upgrading now or if I should wait until I get back from holiday.

Weighted bones, I think, is an awesome addition but I don't need 'em right now.

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's only 1.3 Mb update, so why wait?

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#3]
Well, because I want to know what it does, really. I know this info is detailed around here someplace.

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#4]
Nah it used to be online but now its part of the download and saved into your Blitz3D directory (versions.txt)
Anyhoo here's whats new:

***** V1.86 *****

Fixed:

Evil, ancient ImagesCollide bug.

Added:

TextureBlend mode 5, for 'multiply 2' blending. This is the same as multiply blending, only
the output value is doubled. The idea behind this is that it allows lightmaps to not just
darken, but also brighten colormaps. Use a lightmap texel value of .5 (eg: 128,128,128 -
actually, .5 can't be represented exactly!) to get 'null' lighting, <.5 to get darkening
and >.5 to get lightening. Roll on Ico in Blitz!

Multiple bone weights. Each vertex can now be influenced by up to 4 bones, each with an
arbitrary weight. If more than 4 weights are present, the 'heaviest' 4 are used. Weights
are always normalized so that they sum to 1. Bones can still only be imported/created via
B3D files.

Note:

The EntityRoll function and Dynamic mesh system have been tweaked a bit. Post any poroblems in the bug reports forum

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
And don't forget it changes the way alpha'ed textures multitexture. ( Check the bug reports forum for more details. ) That actually MIGHT affect Cletus.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#6]
Modulate 2 is a good thing for you Anthony. It's an intense blend mode which brightens AND darkens pixels underneith.

Right now, multiply may be too much and add might not give you the desired result. Alpha might be bland... hence the new one.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#7]
Oh yeah, x2 blending is well wicked. Although once again, I don't need it this time around (you can't really mix n match blend modes in a single-surface sprite system, unfortunately), but for sure I salute it! Roll on Blitz Ico indeed.

I'm not multitexturing anything either, so it looks like none of this will affect me at all right now. Thanks for the info guys!

If I were doing a full 3d game right now though, this update would make me as chuffed as Mr Chuff.

Imphenzia(Posted 2004) [#8]

Fixed:
Evil, ancient ImagesCollide bug.

Is this the "rare" bug that occured when AnimImages were used to perform imagescollide? =)