Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3d

David819(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi Can blitz3d display web pages?
Please reply soon.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yes.

ExecFile("http://www.blitzbasic.com")

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
But that's not 'Blitz3D displaying web pages'. All that does is launch the specified page in the default browser.

I have a vague recollection of someone writing a web browser in Blitz Basic (2D) a couple of years ago though, although I wouldn't know where to start looking for it.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
But that's not 'Blitz3D displaying web pages'.

Considering the short, vague question, I figured it was probably all he wanted.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Great title for the thread.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#6]
Goober,

No. You will have to design your own html parser. It should not be difficult as the html tags are interpreted in a serial fashion. I've considered writting one of these myself for TournamentBlitz, so I could emulate a web browser in which my games are played, but, its on the drawing board.

David819(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'm lost

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
lol. a webbrowser is a huge job. for example the <from> tag contains a complete gui. and that's only one tag. and there's css and much more. It's easy to write something like a 1987 Webbrowser. But todays browser are way too complex.

Goober - you might be able to use the windows scripting host that allows to embed the internet explorer in almost any window. But I am afraid you need at least BlitzPlus for this.

You even could use a very lousy trick that will set the fullscreen flag to the internet explorer, then resize this borderless browser to the size you need and then position it on top of your app and continously set its z-order to be on top of all. You,'d need a lot of decls for that, and knowledge about javascript and msie.

If you explain what you need to display webpages in Blitz for, we might be able to help you.