A blob?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/A blob?

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm beginning to work on a "skeletal particle system", which is basically my idea for a hopefully original particle system. I will not go into describing it right now because I would start to be very confusing with my lame writing style, as I tend to do when I talk about my ideas (before they're done). What I need to do is make a mass of 2d dots around a line. The line is actually 2 positions in 3d space converted to 2d. The mass would stretch out according to the two dots, making a nice effect (in the end). I hope that made sense. So (to clarify) I want to draw a solid mass of many individual dots around two 2d positions. (Not a circle or an oval, I've tried those and they don't work). The reason I don't want a basic oval is because it would resize but not properly. The blob needs to have its longest stretches in the directions going along the angle of the line, and an adjustable width in the directions at 90 degrees to the angle of the line. So how can I make this mass of dots/blob thing?
Uhm, half of that probably didn't make sense so if you can't make sense of this question, please reply and ask me to clarify. I will try my best to re-state my question.

Thanks in advance,

dillpickle79

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#2]
here's an extremely rough example of what I'm trying to do.
[img]http://dillpickle79.250free.com/Particle_example.JPG[/img]
I hope it's clear enough (it is still like my writing. Stupid paint.)
That should make it more clear what I'm trying to do.
It looks like you'll hav eto copy and paste the url, I don't know how to insert images on this forum.

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#3]
To insert pictures, just type the whole url, or type this:

{img url} ... replace {} with []