Antialias and wireframe

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Antialias and wireframe

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've tried turning on antialias and wireframe in many different programs by adding wireframe enable or AntiAlias enable in the start of the code, and the main loop. No matter where I put it, it doesn't work. My video card supports hardware AA and it's set to 4x so it should work. I'm using a radeon 9600 pro. So what should I do to use wireframe or anitalias?

puki(Posted 2004) [#2]
Are you toggling it with 'true'?

edit:

I mean 'Wireframe true' - not 'Wireframe enable'?

It's a bit confusing in the manual (well, at least the printed one)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hey man. For some people the AntiAlias command doesn't work correctly, and for others it does. For me personally, it doesn't work. Turn it on, as puki says, with true.

AntiAlias True

Wireframe should work on most computers

WireFrame True

you can also use 0 or 1 to deactivate/activate it.

AntiAlias 1
WireFrame 1

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
I hope this means I am finally right on something "Ross"?

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeah, i'll let you have that one ;)

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
I've had it going on two different machines and I've never managed to make it antialias anything, even if it's forced on in drivers, and on in code, it's off in reality. That includes both an Nvidia card and an ATI card, and over a period of well over a year, through all the updates.

I've begged and pleaded for it to be fixed, but no answer. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#7]
oh, I was using enable instead of true. Thank you. The doc's seemed to say enable to turn it on for some reason. I'm assuming that AA isn't working for me because I have an ati card. Oh well, by the time I'm done with anything that needs it it will hopefully work for all cards.
Oddly, my edges are appearing a little more jagged than usual though. I must have buggered about with something in my sleep.

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
On another note, anyone happen to know of a reason why anti-aliasing would be disabled regardless of the argument passed to the instruction?

puki(Posted 2004) [#9]
It works for me - have just tested it with a white cube on a completely black background at 800,600.

Edit: it clearly adds greyish tints to the jaggies - although it doesn't do it that well - I haven't checked my graphic card settings

But the command certainly does something

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#10]
AA only works in B3d for me when I force it on in the drivers. :-/

puki(Posted 2004) [#11]
I'm set up as 'Allow applications to control the antialiasing mode'.

N(Posted 2004) [#12]
I've tried forcing it, allowing the application to control it, etc. It's never worked. :/

Edit: Uh... of all the peculiar things that could have happened, anti-aliasing all of a sudden works. Specifically, Quincunx anti-aliasing. Anyhow, this is confusing the heck out of me- hoping someone has an idea as to why this works besides that my computer is blessed. 0_o