The problem is with b3d pipeline exporter

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/The problem is with b3d pipeline exporter

Rad Gravity(Posted 2004) [#1]
The b3d pipeline exporter for 3ds max doesn't take any notice of individual coordinates on a map.
For instance, I have map that uses Planar from Object XYZ mapping coords instead of Explicit Map Channel.
If I switch between them, adjusting settings and so on, the resulting b3d mesh looks exactly the same (i.e. not how I want it to look). In other words, I'm using decals for this particular map instead of a mapping channel.
It also seems to ignore a few of the other coordinates settings like rotation etc.

Help!

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
b3d pipeline forum: Click here

Pudding(Posted 2004) [#3]
B3d Pipeline does not support Object XYZ mapping coordinates. You should use the Blitz3d Brush and Blitz3d Map when exporting to Blitz since their parameters correspond directly to Blitz3d material settings (Object XYZ mapping is not an option in the Blitz3d Map).

-Pudding

Rad Gravity(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ok, I have replied to the other thread pudding so can you check that if you haven't already.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
This is hardly a "problem" with B3D Pipeline. You can't have lots of UV sets on a single mesh for real-time use. It's already pretty cool to me that Blitz3D supports 2 sets of UV coordinates; most engines only allow 1 set. Look up some tutorials on texture mapping for low-pol/videogame use to learn how to setup your textures and texture coordinates. Similarly, if you know how to do texture mapping you can get the same effect as ObjectXYZ mapping with a normal ie. Explicit map channel.