Royalty Free 3d Models, or should I buy a package.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Royalty Free 3d Models, or should I buy a package.

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#1]

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
These guys have quite a bit of medieval stuff. Fairly expensive but the quality seems ok ( from the screenshots anyway )

http://www.metalearth.com/

Also try TurboSquid. Prices and quality vary dramatically. Hunt around and you can find a few bargains.

I don't recommend DarkMatter. DarkMatter 1 is crap, and DarkMatter 2 models cannot legally be used in Blitz ( I have an email from TGC confirming this. )

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#3]

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#4]
Darkmatter paks are junk, don't buy em, check squid and google you can also find stuff on p2p like shareaza but, you have 2 check the rights, quill would be better

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
DarkMatter 2 can't be legally used in Blitz because it's part of the license TGC agreed with Geometricks ( who made the models ) that they may only be distributed in .x format and Blitz isn't capable of loading DirectX 8 or higher .x files.

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#6]

ckob(Posted 2004) [#7]
I actually have a big(45 models) rpg essentials pack that I sell for $10.00 if you wanna check it out just email me at ckob@...

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#8]

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#9]
ya me too!

ckob(Posted 2004) [#10]
http://home.adelphia.net/~ckob at bottem of page is the pack of models

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#11]
They look pretty cool....

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#12]
Against popular believe I think Darkmatter 1 is excellent. I payed about 14£ For a high number of very well modeled and textured Characters. PLus it has nice Cars, Military Vehicles and Equioment and more, as well as a number of nice textures.

The only cons are: Animation is done poorly. Mesh Hierarchy is Child-Mesh based (no bones). A lot of people are using it.

You won't find anything cheaper that is royalty free.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#13]
I agree with jfk.

The characters aren't very well animated, but there are a lot of other models and textures on the CD, so well worth £15.

Cheers,

Ryan

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#14]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#15]
amazone.co.uk has it afaik

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#16]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#17]
really? You mean, like this:

:)