Multiple subanim with B3D pipeline

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Multiple subanim with B3D pipeline

Mathieu A(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi!

I' d like to know how we can use different sequence of animation with B3D pipeline.

I use Biped and I like to access to differents animations of a single mesh. For exemple my player walk and run, I'd like to access seperatly to these animations. How can I do?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
Separating animation sequences involves the use of AnimSeq in Blitz. You export everything as a single, continuous animation and then separate the sequences in code.

Mathieu A(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yes, B3D Pipeline use a B3D extension who don't work with standard Blitz animation. So I have a problem with the extraction of the animation

Cleve(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey Wesh

You need to export mesh+biped first either with or without an animation. Then save each of your animations seperately in a scene where the mesh is hidden. then use loadanimseq to load each of your animations into blitz.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#5]
I didn't know that, sounds cool. I really like to keep my animations seperate.

Mathieu A(Posted 2004) [#6]
Cleve, I try what you tell me, it work with normal animation but the Biped animation made with 3DSMax and exported with B3D pipeline don't work like that. I need to use the B3D extension code to animate my model.

What I want to know is how can we made several Subanim with 3DSMax that can be useful with the B3D Extension.

Thanks

Cleve(Posted 2004) [#7]
Oh....Your using the biped footstep animation. Then your need to create a key for each frame of the animation. Footstep do not create keys unlees you force it to, since it's a script of some sort. Try saving the sequence within 3dsMax via the biped control panel. You'll be able to save the animation with a key for each frame. Then you can import the animations seperately on a biped skeleton and export it via b3d pipeline.

Hope it solves the problem