Blitz3D coordinate systems in pure math

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D coordinate systems in pure math

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
I've written code that mimics Bliz3D coordinate systems, including rotation, turning, moving, and transformation of points and vectors. It produces the exact same results as Blitz3D. If anyone needs this, I'm making it available for licensing. I have absolutely no reservation about charging for it, because it involved months of research, and was probably the most deadening and boring thing I have ever coded. I don't know what you'd need it for, but I needed it for some OpenGL stuff, and Blitz3D was good for testing against.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
Halo, is your openGL stuff faster than blitz3d, in general?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#3]
It's probably about the same. The internal code is very simple, and just renders at the maximum speed that OpenGL can render. Situations in which Blitz3D is slow are due to a lack of occlusion method.

PRJ(Posted 2004) [#4]
This could come in handy for my BlitzJava compiler. Whenever I get to the 3d part. Please share...

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#5]
If you can call a DLL, you can use this.

AbbaRue(Posted 2004) [#6]
halo.
Have a look at a Carnivores 2 demo.
If you can write a dll that can match that games speed at rendering a 3D outdoor world, you would have a likely customer in me.
On my previous 350 MHz computer I had a smooth scroling 3D world at 800 x 600 while in hardware mode.
That game has hundreds of 3D objects on screen at once.

Or even check out the Carnivores 1 demo. Even those graphics were awsome.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#7]
What the hell are you talking about?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
Correct me if I am wrong, but - seems like he's talking about the threat engine. It's crap, the FPS number on the screen isn't representive since the engine core is running on interpreted Logo. ;)

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#9]
Are you using vertex buffer for rendering in your OpenGL engine? (i mean VBO buffer, NOT VertexArray buffers).