Quick question - Stopping a texture repeating

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Quick question - Stopping a texture repeating

gburgess(Posted 2004) [#1]
Okay, 2 in one day from me :D

Just a simple one, and I have a feeling the answer is no, but picture this, if you will. I have my landscape, I have a layer that has a small texture of 512x512 that follows the camera around, to always be beneath it on the landscape. Then texture has a projection of shadows on it from nearby objects. Works fine, but the texture repeats, so under the player is a shadow, then in the distance, the shadow is visible again. Is there anyway to keep just the "original" texture and stop it repeating in the distance? The Clamp U and V options didn't quite seem to have that effect, and indeed nor does their description say it should.

Any ideas?

-Glenn

sswift(Posted 2004) [#2]
UV clamp repeats the values at the edge of the texture once you reach the edge instead of wrapping around to the beginning again.

So yes, this should do the job, assuming you are offsetting the texture as you go so that it the first repetition is visible.

gburgess(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hmm, it doesn't seem to work. Seems to scale up my texture and cause freaky flicker effects on the landscape. The texture offset seems to be working since there's always a repetition below the camera. Guess I'll keep plugging away 'til I figure it out, then.