i lost blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/i lost blitz3d

Clique(Posted 2004) [#1]
i formatted my pc and ive lost my blitz3d - how do i get it back without buying another copy?

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Contact/_index_.php

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#3]
Make a COPY!

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#4]
Blitz licenses are per installation, so if you need to re0-install you'll have to purchase another copy. (I've bought 17 copies already!)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#5]
Riiight. :-)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#6]
Blitz licenses are per installation, so if you need to re0-install you'll have to purchase another copy. (I've bought 17 copies already!)

Then you are an idiot, good sirrah. ;)

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#7]
SEVENTEEN?

Physt(Posted 2004) [#8]
What are you doing with 17 copies?

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#9]
oops. did it again. now I'm up to 18 copies. damn!

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#10]
What are you doing with 17 copies?

Subsidising Mark's nexr vacation?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#11]
Indeed, after Installation you should make a backup copy of the installed blitz folder, usually inside "Program Files"

Koriolis(Posted 2004) [#12]
Better: simply make a backup of the installation program.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#13]
isn't that kinda hidden somewhere in the internet cache?

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#14]
What would be the best way to back it up? I assumed just knowing my blitz username/password would be enough :-0 What's the setup proggie called? I'm not sure where I put it.... I actually have a blitz box to. Back in the day when you got a box from here :) although it was $150.

[edit]hehheheh. Found the CD. Now putting cd in fireproof safe....

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#15]
I copied the installed version to CD multiple times and have it spread across my room in several places. Also, I keep a CD with all the code and media I wrote and made in all languages I use.. including most of the programs I did it with (like B3D), with me AT ALL TIMES when I leave my house, just in case summin here catches fire or summin other.

One can never be too carefull with this stuff I say.

StevieWonderMk2(Posted 2004) [#16]
Why not buy the CD version?

Hansie(Posted 2004) [#17]
Am I the only one who takes weekly backups of my entire harddrive(s)?

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#18]
Weekly backups is a bit much for me, I just burn off stuff that I think is important to a DVD every few weeks.

I am also in a house connected to a network, so we stor all important files on the other PC`s in the house too, in case one machine goes down, the person can get their good stuff back via the network :)