tokamak games

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/tokamak games

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#1]
I was just curious what you all making with Tokamak? or is everyone still playing around with it?

Its currently in my cel rendered game engine (like XIII) for shootable crates, and shootable weapons that bounce (like when you shoot a weapon on the floor on Halo).

whats everyone else doing, heard Scouse made a snooker game? I'd like to see that! :)

On other notes - Thanks so much Sweenie for making the wrapper, you gotta keep rollin them updates out :D

aCiD2

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#2]
The sky is really the limit on this one. I have already had about 5 ideas for games that would have previously been impossible (or at least extremely difficult).

Fantastic work Tokamak & of course Sweenie :)

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#3]
I've downloaded the Tokamak legend in the anticipation that I will be using tokamak for SARE =)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=2133

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
Im gona use it for a Platform game.

Not gona give to much away at the moment, but ill dish out more info when I actually have the project underway.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#5]
The problem for me is that it is sooooo good, that focussing on just one thing for now will be hard.

I want to get a vehicle working nicely in it! That would be really cool.

I have had one clear idea which as stated above would have been almost impossible before...but now, blue sky!! Yeah!

IPete2.

Mark Judd(Posted 2004) [#6]
I've had a long term project, a land-yacht racing game (essentially a three wheeled vehicle), thats been occupying my time for the last year or so.

See my site for details / screenies.

I've achieved more in the last three days than i have in the last three months.

All i can say is THANK-YOU Sweenie.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
If you haven't seen it already, there is Blitz-Tokamak discussion forum here:
http://playerfactory.proboards25.com/

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#8]
I am going to make 'proof of concept' demos...

I think jumping into a game this early would be too limiting

DOWNLOAD my new tokamak demo from this thread...

DarkEagle(Posted 2004) [#9]
know what im going to be doing with it! a game which is a little like pontifex, but in reverse :P im going to wait until its finished being developed first though, i need joint limits etc... should be quite a fun lil game if i do it right :P

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#10]
i don't know if its the wrapper but i think there's a silly "bug" in tokamak. this is possible (viewed from the side):
     []
    []
   []
  []
 []
[]

where every [] is a box.

i know it's a bit nitpicking, but it could be usefull to know somehow.

:)

Sweenie(Posted 2004) [#11]
Well, I believe that it's the "SleepToFast" bug that makes such stacks possible.
Let's hope that this bug is fixed in the next Tokamakrelease.

You could apply a minimal impulse(like 0.00001) to some of the objects to keep them awake. That should make them fall.
However that is a workaround and is only a temporary solution until the bug is fixed.
The ability for a body to "fall asleep" is one of the essential things that keeps the simulation as fast a possible.

bradford6(Posted 2004) [#12]
ones man bug is anothers feature.

that could be used for some cool stuff

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#13]
yes, but you don't need a physics engine for that :)

Anyway, great stuff, I really think about to write something with rubber-realistic car physics. Or maybe the implemetation in a fps engine, although maybe this should be better used from scratch. I mean - waht is a fps engine without physics these days? :/

DarkEagle(Posted 2004) [#14]
even an impulse of 0 works, i found, as it wakes the box up, so to speak.