Object Orientation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Object Orientation

puki(Posted 2004) [#1]
How do you permanently change a model's 'orientation' in Blitz3D? I nicked a load of models from Dark Basic but they all point the opposite way.

For example: if you load a humanoid 3d model and decide to point the 3d model to the camera some models turn their back to the camera, rather than facing it. How do you permanently reset this within Blitz?

"jfk" once posted (a year ago regarding the same problem) 'Try TurnMesh Monster,0,180,0 right after loading the Enemy-Mesh.' - but 'TurnMesh' doesn't appear to be a valid command.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#2]
Best way I can think of right now its to manually move the vertices in the mesh(Rotate them withing the mesh's local coord system to the rotation you want.)

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#3]
RotateMesh command.

puki(Posted 2004) [#4]
Shwoo!!! - I'll take a look - I was kind of dreading the vertex route as I have never bothered looking at or using the vertex stuff.

Cheers guys.

Klaas(Posted 2004) [#5]
have a look at "LOADERMATRIX" command ... don't know exactly, but i think this can fix it

puki(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks "Klass" but the problem is solved with RotateMesh command - I think that was what "jfk" meant.