Early frames of animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Early frames of animation

Bill Sims(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm using the standard 3D Framework with Frame Limiting that I've always used in the past. In my current application, though, I have some animation right at the beginning. It seemed as though the animation was starting in the middle. I put in a counter and found out that over 500 frames (at 50 fps) were processed before the display even came up! Have any of you seen this, and if so, have you figured out how to tell when the actual screen is visible vs. when it is just in the main loop?

Bill Sims(Posted 2004) [#2]
One more thing... I've already put in code to delay the animation for 600 frames. It works, but it is quite ugly. I'm hoping that there is a more elegant solution.

Bill Sims(Posted 2004) [#3]
Never mind, all...

I was setting the frameTime, and then loading all of my media. DUH! A simple reordering fixed things.

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#4]
I've had this too. When I jump from one of my scenes to another: when the action finally gets going the character in view may have already walked 10 paces. Derr...
And yet the new wizzy laptop I just bought has no such problems, so it seems to be down to a) speed of the graphics card. b) graphics memory, since the laptop has dedicated (not shared) graphics memory.