B3D to 3DS

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D to 3DS

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#1]
Does such a converter exist? Has anyone wrote one yet?

Spot(Posted 2004) [#2]
Personally, I would hope that they don't create one of these.. The thing is if the model is in B3D that means that's how the modeller intended it to be.

For me it becomes a means of "locking" the file basically, as it means that you cannot modify or convert the model.

If the modeller really wants to modify he/she should modify the original file, not the exported one, as it would work better anyway.

Just my two cents...

P.S. I haven't seen any converter.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm not aware of a user-written convertor. Ultimate Unwrap can import any b3d file ( including ones with skeletal animation ) and convert them to whatever you need. Of course 3ds doesn't support skeletal animation, so I'm assuming you don't need that.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#4]
There would be not much point in converting a .b3d to a .3ds unless for use in a non Blitz environment which only supported that format.
The .b3d format is far superior in terms of what it supports and is more ideally suited to Blitz3d.
Some of its features such as skeletal animation could not be converted to a .3ds format which only supports mesh animation etc.
All modellers that have a .b3d export option always have a .3ds option as well.
You can use Quill3d or UUnwrap to import a .b3d and then export to .3ds but only the features supported in the .3ds format will be exported.

EDIT: Sorry for repeat info - posted at the same time as Sybixus.