Flipmesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Flipmesh

cash(Posted 2004) [#1]
When using flipmesh, entitydistance returns strange results.

Is there a way to get the Normal distance.

I have created a corridoor and used flipmesh to put my entities inside. These entities all return correct distances, but the walls themselves don`t.

Al Mackey(Posted 2004) [#2]
EntityDistance only returns the distance from the origin of one entity to the origin of another. It's like comparing their coords from EntityX, Y, and Z with global turned on. Where their polygons are and what direction they're facing don't really have anything to do with it.

cash(Posted 2004) [#3]
I was having a bad day and should have remembered that from a previous issue I had.

What I have is a third person shooter which I have almost sorted the gameplay for. The only thing is that I need to keep the camera relatively close to the animated player else when thew player rotates left of right, the camera passes through the walls until, the wall blocks the view of the player.( The camera is parented to the player.)

Using a collision for the camera affects the movement of the player as the camera loses sight of the player.

I understand that this can be rectified using pivots ets but I cannot seem to get it right. Thats where I thought entitydistance may help, but in my case it is not feasible because of the issues mentioned above.

Any help with this camera code would be useful. I have tried looking at the castle demo as this sort of does what I want, but I have not been able to filter out the relevant bits of code successfully.