How do you make your own Blitz Ide

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How do you make your own Blitz Ide

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#1]

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#2]
Most people write an IDE in a language other than blitz itself. then to compile they call blitzcc.exe with the file and various command line options to do things.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#3]
You can write a Blitz IDE in Blitz Plus. But, its not easy (in any language).

Most sensible people write them in other languages and use a ready built edit control from a 3rd party.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#4]
@Beaker i tough due to the limitations in the an ide could not be acheived....PurebAsic is a safe bet (Visual Blitz was coded in it...)

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#5]
There's a text edit library called Scintilla available from http://www.scintilla.org which includes many advanced features, such as function folding. I think its free. The Purebasic 'SciTE' editor is built using it and I think so is the 'VisualBlitz' editor.

Also check the 'versions.txt' file in the main Blitz program folder. The info for the version 1.78 release of Blitz has some basic info on accessing the 'blitzcc.exe' compiler executable using commandline keys. You can use ExecFile to issue these commands from Blitz.

eg.

ExecFile Chr$ ( 34 ) + "C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\bin\blitzcc.exe" + Chr$ ( 34 ) + " -d " + Chr$ ( 34 ) + "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\FPS GAME\CODE\start.bb" + Chr$ ( 34 )

Compiles the "start.bb" file in debug mode.

ExecFile Chr$ ( 34 ) + "C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\bin\blitzcc.exe" + Chr$ ( 34 ) + " -o " + Chr$ ( 34 ) + "exefile.exe" + Chr$ ( 34 ) + " " + Chr$ ( 34 ) + "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\FPS GAME\CODE\start.bb" + Chr$ ( 34 )

Compiles the "start.bb" file as an executable file named "exefile.exe".