AC3D and Blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/AC3D and Blitz3D

Karrmarr(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello,

I built up a small model with AC3D and applied a small texture to it to make it look like wood. I exported the model to .3DS format to be able to load it into my Blitz3D program. Blitz3D can load the model but it does not apply the specified texture to it. The texture gif is in the same directory than the model file.

I tried to import the 3DS back into AC3D and there the texture appears, so it should be a problem with Blitz, right?

Skitchy(Posted 2004) [#2]
I don't know much about AC3D, but it might be exporting the texture paths with their entire path intact eg. 'C:\textures\wood\dark\wood.gif' instead of just 'wood.gif'.
Look for an option to turn texture paths on/off or something similar. If all else fails, open the file in a text or hex editor and remove the path before the texture name by deleting it and re-saving the file. :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#3]
Blitz3D does not support the GIF image format.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
Try and go for png for textures. Small file size and lossless compression :)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#5]
AC3D works great with B3D. I ended up having to pay somebody to write a B3D converter for me though. I have the old version of AC3D and do not have access to the exporters for the new version. There are some exporters for the new version that should export to LWO and then use Lee's LWO to B3D converter, perhaps that would help ya?

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hey Brice, you should have asked me again :) I just got busy with other things, but the AC3D converter I did, is essentailly finished...It's a part of gile[s] I just need to pull it out and make it standalone.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#7]
ey Brice, you should have asked me again :)
I didn't want to nag ;c) I am sure there are a LOT of folks who will benefit from it, when you release it ;c)