Anim8or

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anim8or

cbmeeks(Posted 2003) [#1]
Is it me, or is this a pretty awesome program? I am a 3D newbie so maybe it doesn't do the stuff you veterans want but I like it!

cb

slenkar(Posted 2003) [#2]
Wings3D is better

Doggie(Posted 2003) [#3]
Anim8or is about the best free modeller going.
So is Blender except you really need a book for it.
I got one called "The Official Blender Gamekit"
If I get time and can tear myself away from TrueSpace lomg enough I might get something together.

Doggie

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
I didn't like Animator. Well, if you once use a rolls royce app like 3d Studio max you never wanna go back. the free version of cinema4D seems to be pretty good, and of course, wings3D. combine wings3d with lithunwrap and there you go.

what I didn't like with Animator was thefact that it's named Animator but it cannot save animated 3DS, only static ones. Well, that was the reason why I installed it, I thought it can make animations for DB or Blitz.

If you are new to 3D it might take some time until you have tried all the free Modeler Apps. Here you'll find some:
http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=2

However, if you like Animator, the go for it.

elseano(Posted 2003) [#5]
I really like anim8or...
It's easy to use, fairly powerful, but the only, rather ironic downside is that [as jfk said] you can only save static b3d's...
I have also tried gMax, and asuming that's what 3d studio max, I prefer anim8or ;]