anouther animation problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/anouther animation problem

Rambus(Posted 2003) [#1]
Ok I made a post awhile ago about having trouble importing animated meshes... Well here is a more specific question

My modeler is working in 3ds max 5. And wishes to animate his model animated 'mesh defromation via biped mesh'

The files dont apear to be animated (exported with a blizt plug in for max) and I dont know if its somthing im doing wrong with the code or somthing hes doing wrong with exporting.

thx

skidracer(Posted 2003) [#2]
You need to use .md2 file formats not .b3d for this style of animation.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#3]
there's the qtip export plugin for md2 from max. and there are several other ways to export via Milkshape to b3d, this was discussed here several times. you coul salso try stickmans DX8 to B3D converter. although it's made for 3Dcanvas, it might work with the DX8 exporter for Max fro microsoft. There is also a way to use an SMD export plugin if I remember right.

Rambus(Posted 2003) [#4]
Any one have a link to a md2 3ds max (5) plug in?

thx

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
B3d will work but you'll probably lose some detail in the animation. B3d file format supports skeletal animation (eg. Biped skeleton) but does not support blended vertex weights (eg. smooth mesh deformation in Physique.) For a variety of reasons however, like file size, runtime control over animation, and lighting accuracy, I would recommend b3d over md2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#6]
Hey GOD (:)) it's unbelievable, everybody is trying to commercialize his Freewarestuff these days! :/ QTIP 2.0 became Shareware, but once it was Freeware. I also hate it when ppl try to remove all previous Versions from the Web to force people to BUY their shareware. Anyway, here is Version 1.2, fully functional I hope:
http://www.chez.com/stephdesign/free_tools.htm

Althogh I am afraid somebody will now try to remove this as well, because of - I dunno - crack in the placenta or whatever.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#7]
pudding's exporter will export deforming animation by creating a bone at each vertex but it is likely to be slow.

Rambus(Posted 2003) [#8]
JFK thx for the plug in... Im messing with it now ^_^ Ill let you know how it turns out