Interactive Whiteboard

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Interactive Whiteboard

alternatum(Posted 2003) [#1]
Does anyone have any experience of running a game written in Blitz3d on an interactive whiteboard?

How did you overcome the problem of using the pen instead of the mouse?

Genexi2(Posted 2003) [#2]
What problem? If you mean using a tablet, there's a DLL somewhere out there (I got it, cant remember where I found it on these Blitz sites :-/ ) that'll give you access to all its crap and etc, here's one thread talking about getting pressure sensitivity to work : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=25496

DougUK(Posted 2003) [#3]
The problem with the DLL thats out there is it only works with wacom tablets, which is no good as you need it to work with all types of tablet, i'm working on developing my own library using winTab but its a long slog.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#4]
alternatum,

What is the problem please, as I have a proposal currently with a local school to write software for these interactive whiteboards?

IPete2.

alternatum(Posted 2003) [#5]
We've developed a piece of software and recently went to a school to test it on the whiteboards. Unfortunately it didn't work, the cursor was all over the place. I shall look into the site you have given Genexi2 and post back shortly.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#6]
I'll await with bated breath!

Thanks!

IPete2.

alternatum(Posted 2003) [#7]
we're develop 4 new builds and will be visiting a whiteboard manufacturer next week to test them out. I'm praying that one or two of them will work... I will report back very soon!

By the way merry Christmas to you all

MikeT(Posted 2003) [#8]
on the interactive whiteboards we have at work there is a button on the pen tray to togle mouse control.

I don't know if they all have these

MikeT