Applying Animations to Multiple Entities

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Applying Animations to Multiple Entities

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#1]
Ok, I have six players in my tennis game. I originally considered giving them different animation sequences, but this proved time consuming and didn't really make enough difference to justify the extra download requirements. ( About 6Mb additional data when uncompressed. )
So I figured I could rig all my characters with an identical skeleton, save them all as tiny static, but rigged meshes and load and apply all the animations from a single animation file. Now the problem is I like MD2 style animations ( all the animations in one long line which you extract with ExtractAnimSeq. This works great if you load an animated mesh, but I can't find any way to combine it with LoadAnimSeq to load the animation from another mesh.

Do I have to save a bunch of separate animations from Ultimate Unwrap, and apply them individually? Or is there some way I've failed to spot of Loading the entire set of animations in one go, applying them to a rigged mesh and then breaking them up into the sequences I want?

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#2]
Ignore this. Thought I had more to add, but it turns out I don't.