Physics engine demo

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Physics engine demo

Rob(Posted 2003) [#1]
how do we drive?

poopla(Posted 2003) [#2]
You don't (yet) after I finish finals tommorow I'm adding the full range of realworld physics interractions.

The article over on gamedev is pretty comprehensive.

I know it seems like I've produced a pathetic car sim, but this is simply showing the physics I'm working on is capable of much more then just cubes bouncing around.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#3]
I liked it a lot. I did manage to pop all 4 wheels onto the roof (reverse the verlet?) after a huge drop.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#4]
Glad ya like it. The wheel inverting needs fixing, I hadnt implemented minimum constraint distances yet as this was only the second day I've been working with it.

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#5]
shattered. are u going to sell access to the physics engine? or open source it?

poopla(Posted 2003) [#6]
When I'm done you will be more then willing to pay for it. All I can say for now.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#7]
BTW, it is being designed like in the middleware thread since everyone seemed to want that. *IF* you manually construct your verlet construct for any particular mesh (There will be automated verlet setup methods), it will be contained in a construct wrapper so to sapeak. So you could use the MoveConstruct(Struct%), PositionConstruct(Struct%) functions to control the entire verlet structure.

In other words, using a physics rigged entity will be no harder then a blitz entity.

I've been thinking of a way to do cylindrical collisions without any slowdown as well.. Should be a very fun week! Anticipate new demo's soonish.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#8]
I believe before I integrate the vehicle physics module into this, I will add some features that game developers in general will like. Such as constraints with a breakpoint. Then this could be for doors that could be blown off their hinges, or a chandeler that drops ontop some zombies... or blasting the support cables off a platform an enemy is running accross causing him to slide into a vat of acid(woohoo!!) :).

CyberHeater(Posted 2003) [#9]
How do you drive the thing. What are the keys??

poopla(Posted 2003) [#10]
Like I stated before that demo has no vehicular physics code. I've been writting down and plotting out the equations needed for that all day, Soon.