Nvidi 43.51 Driver

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Nvidi 43.51 Driver

CodeOrc(Posted 2003) [#1]
I am using a Quadro 980 XGL with the 43.51 driver and for some reason my FPS get cut by 3 times.

When I play my game on a GeForce 2,3, or even a ATI Radeon 7500 I get 250+ FPS.

The Quadro 980 XGL using the 43.51 gets a lousy 55 FPS.

Any body know if the 43.51 driver from Nvidia has issues with B3D?

thanks for the help.

QuickSilva(Posted 2003) [#2]
Yes it does, I would advise you to use the 44.03 driver as it is the last known one to work without any problems.

Jason.

Neochrome(Posted 2003) [#3]
one i notices was the ugly Fog FX and thats just one i know of

CodeOrc(Posted 2003) [#4]
thank you much QuickSilva

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yeah, all dirvers after the 44s are just terrible. It's sad that we have to revert three drivers back just to get things running acceptably.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#6]
Yeah, all dirvers after the 44s are just terrible. It's sad that we have to revert three drivers back just to get things running acceptably.
According to Nvidia.com, the Quadro 980XGL isn't supported by the Forceware drivers - they do support some Quadro cards but not that particular one - you need specific drivers for it.

On a little side-note, I'm using Forceware 52.16 - after the "catastrophic error" cock-up when this version was first released, they released a new version (still 52.16 - confused?) and they're working perfectly here.

CodeOrc(Posted 2003) [#7]
My first post and look at all the help I got!

I appreciate it folks, I am new to B3D and loving every bit of it.

QuickSilva(Posted 2003) [#8]
GFX, how do those drivers work with Tattoo, I tried them and they slowed the program down to a crawl. Do you get this problem?

Jason.

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#9]
Nvidia have said that it is a recognised problem which they will address for the next release (Hmmm heard that before).

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#10]
I couldn't even run Unwrap3d with the new nvidia drivers.. It crashed out every 5th second.