This could be useful to some of you....

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/This could be useful to some of you....

poopla(Posted 2003) [#1]
I'm working on a program like ALienBrain for my team, since we are planning on going full time developing shareware/indy games. It will allow teams accross the world from one another to seamlessly access and modeify resources while keeping assets organised. It will also have encrypted communications/file transfer to keep data safe from prying eyes. The encryption could be changed daily if ya wanted with a new base crypt code.

Anyhow. If anyone is interrested, and the tool is as useful as I believe it will be, we may sell it cheaply. And anyone who has any suggestions can voice them freely. Just no flames please, I know alot of people are adament about online teams not working, but mine has thus far, and I would like to help others as well.

Orca(Posted 2003) [#2]
I think its a good idea. I was considering building in such features into my IDE, until I realized doing an IDE in b+ was going to be a lot of work :|

Anyways, I hope your not planning on selling this for anywhere near what alienbrain sells for...Remember we are poor indies (well at least I am :))

poopla(Posted 2003) [#3]
Will I be selling it at alienbrain price? No way! I'm developing it BECAUSE alienbrain is so damn expensive. I will try to keep you guys on the ball as development happens, but I'm pretty busy trying to make a living coding with Blitz :).