V1.85

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/V1.85

Almo(Posted 2003) [#1]
I just upgraded to V1.85... My debuglog is gone! Hitting f9 doesn't do anything anymore...

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#2]
The debuglog is only active while the program is running in recent version of Blitz, if that's what you mean. Turtle1776 ( I think I spelled that right ) wrote a DLL/Userlib that creates a permanent debuglog again if you want one. I've kinda got used to "stopping" instead of ending to keep the debuglog up now.

If you mean really, really gone, all the time, I have no idea.

Almo(Posted 2003) [#3]
That's really not cool... I output debuglog stuff all the time and check it when the program is done. Where can I get that DLL Turtle made?

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#4]
If you use Stop at the end of the program instead of End, it will remain for you to check.

I couldn't find turtle's external debuglog on this site, but I found it at Blitzcoder :

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=turtle177605242003022746&comments=no

Almo(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks man... but to use it I have to change all my legacy code. >:(

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think it's just a search/replace job to replace "debuglog" with "bb_debuglog" or whatever it is that Turtle used.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#7]
The new debugger is better, even if you don't realise it just yet. Give it a chance...

sswift(Posted 2003) [#8]
I've given it a number of chances and I don't see how it's better. I still prefer the old debuglog.

Almo(Posted 2003) [#9]
I'll buy the debugger being better. But not the debuglog going away after the program ends.

And um... I feel silly about not thinking of using replace to fix the debuglog code. ;D

Rob(Posted 2003) [#10]
Well as you might know the key benefit is using one of the many ide's of choice :D