Excluding mesh(s) from lightsource

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Excluding mesh(s) from lightsource

Rad Gravity(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hey guys, I have 2 light sources in my project which light the scene perfectly except the main character is too bright. I wondered if there is a way to exclude the main character from one of the lightsources the way you can in 3ds max?
I don't really want to use a light-mapper as the lighting is perfect on the scene anyway, and you have to pay for gile.

Thanks.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
No there isn't. Tweak it by...

Dampening the effect with EntityColor
Reducing LightRange
Etc

And gile[s] is worth the money if you're serious about it looking good.

Rad Gravity(Posted 2003) [#3]
Hey, nice one Rob. EntityColor did the trick nicely. I know gile is worth the money if you want to use a light-mapper but I don't + I have no money!!

Thanks.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
I'm low on cash too, but I have to say it's worth 25 UKBP

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#5]
Pimp :)

Maybe you could use lightmesh as well. Don't know if it works on animated entities though...

Ice9(Posted 2003) [#6]
you can use the fullbright lightmesh technique for fake lighting and place your real light for your animated entities. You could have the real light rotate around the player based on where your fake lights are. Like placing the real light on a line between the player and the closest fake light position.

Rad Gravity(Posted 2003) [#7]
I've tried lightmesh but can't seem to get it to do anything. Apparently the offset parameters are relevant to the entity being lit, but like I say it never seems to do anything.

Thanks anyway guys, and I may just see what I can scrape together for gile as I've checked the demo and it's awesome.