Managed to work it out

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Managed to work it out

Der Vampyr Engel(Posted 2003) [#1]
I will problably pee some people off but I managed to work out the JoyRoll thing (although I am still having problems with it it, like trying to stop ojects either continually rolling around on it's axis or strafiing of the screen) as for the Joy U Slider control I think I have that now, if not I will just use Chroma's formula ,still I would like to know how you can do a bind screen so I can allow player's simply to bind the controls they wish for.

I would like to see some example code if that is possible please.

Der Vampyr Engel(Posted 2003) [#2]
the reason being is although I seem to get the joystick controls to work it still cuts out the keyboard controls , what am I doing wrong here?

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#3]
Erm, you have been trying to figure out that JoyRoll thing for upwards of six months haven't you?

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#4]
Do you need a special controller for Joy-roll. What is it exactly?

Der Vampyr Engel(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yes Micheal ,actually for more than a year I would say and I have admitted this before I am not a great programmer, just trying to muddle through the best I can.
Basically I needed to know the formula and I didn't get it so I am very slowly trying to work this thing out myself
Ok Mike :)

Ross C I have now several Jotsticks with Hand Rudder switches plus a Thrustmaster Rudder Control System and what I am trying to do is to
1) get the rudder to roll a spaceship left or right on it's axis when pressed
2) Use it as a straffing control for humans and hovercraft and hovertanks

I think I can get it to steer for Aircraft
I know that Joyroll is used for Rudder controls on H.O.T.A.S (Hands On Throttle And Stick) as you would find that joysticks or flight contol sticks like the Saitek X45 X36 USB and the X36 Gameport (all by Saitek) plus the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Series (and I think the Thrustmaster Cougar series, but I don't know I haven't £256.00 to buy it)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#6]
I have a sort of control pad thingy that is called a HAT?? or something. Cool, i might play about with that when i get home. :) Thanks!

Genexi2(Posted 2003) [#7]
Well, I gotta joystick with ForceFeedback, a throttle, 8-way hat switch, twist axis, and 7 buttons (Logitech brand, got it for only $42 Canadian :-/ ), I dont see whats so hard about allowin the user to set each part of the joystick to execute a specific function, unless you're talkin about something else which I cannot see atm...

Der Vampyr Engel(Posted 2003) [#8]
huh? well I am trying to work out how you would do a binding screen using the functions and I wanted really to find out how it is actually done and also how you actually do the formula's seeing as I am not really a programmer as such , it's bloody difficult for me , still as I said mangaged to work it out a little I just eed to know how to stop the controls either continously straffing or rotating

Strange really because the JoyU works on the more primitive game examples qiute well , problaly if I upgrade that problem might be solved

Der Vampyr Engel(Posted 2003) [#9]
Listen , is there any examples of how program joystick in the 2D manual or that 2D book that came out? and can you still get it?