My problem..[with screenshots]

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/My problem..[with screenshots]

BerhanK(Posted 2003) [#1]
1) my scene consists of an office scene and has a window, and outside that window a bitmap should be displayed:

it looks like this in gile:

and in blitz looks like this:

any ideas how to display that map outside?
It has an own surface and is loaded from a separate bitmap file.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
Thats a problem with you and the author of giles. It looks like perhaps an export bug.

It looks as though you are not retaining materials for the characters - no problem. If you have glass with alpha, check the exporter supports alpha or apply a material onto the missing elements from within giles.

ChrML(Posted 2003) [#3]
Well, you can load a sprite in blitz, and place it outside the window.

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#4]
Maybe giles is using some sort of culling routine thats going too far.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
No. The problem is clearly an exporter from lightwave issue. Perhaps UV coords.

BerhanK(Posted 2003) [#6]
Gile just loads the lwo object, while in my blitz app, I convert it with "lightwave rigid convertor by TeraBit software", and there are actually two programs:
LWDeformConv (gves a 300kb b3d model) and
LWRigidConv (gives a 430kb b3d model) and both look same
in blitz3d.. anyone know the difference?

thanx guys for your help so far!

BerhanK(Posted 2003) [#7]
oh, I forgot to reply to ChrML:

NO I cannot do that - because this is not how I work.

Everything (3d model , lights and shadows) will be done in Lightwave and then simply converted for blitz3D and used.

I want to keep the process as simple as possible..

BerhanK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Rob, 2 things:

1) There is no transparant window - it's just an empty cut in the wall so to say. So no window there!

2) I have applied the texture from within the Gile[s] and you can see it in the screenshot actually the "BG" is selected and you can see the bitmap actually.
Furthermore, the outside surface is being altered - depending on what I select (effects) in Gile[s]- it's just that there is no bitmap applied.

so I am using exporter in one case and in the other (Gile[s]) I am importing the lwo object.

2 different situations - same result.

Maybe I should make something different in Lightwave so it is imported/exported properly??
I just don't know what!

Thanx

BerhanK(Posted 2003) [#9]
I found out what the problem was, fixed it and am happy.

Thanx to all friendly guys around here!

Thank you!