Extreme slowdown on faster PC!?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Extreme slowdown on faster PC!?

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#1]
Recently tested Trouble on the university computers (2.4Ghz w/GeForce 2MX) only to discover that it actually runs SLOWER than my test platform of a 550mhz P3 w/GeForce 3MX. This seems crazy to me since the uni computers are capable of far more than my mere program has to offer. Incidentally - Trouble is a 2D game which is compiled through Blitz 3D.

Has anyone noticed similar performance lapses and if so, any ideas what can be done to cure it?

andy_mc(Posted 2003) [#2]
maybe they;re running the newer nvidia drivers. 2D runs alot slower on them since they're concentrating so much on 3D.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#3]
I find when it comes to 3d, the graphics card is FAR more important than the processor. GF3 mx is prob a good bit better than a GF2 mx :)

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#4]
Still the 2Mx was not a bad card though, I'd go with the driver thing. 2D in 3D is probably the way to go these days, shame as it is.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
I didn't think the GF3 MX existed.

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#6]
There was no Gf3 mx

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#7]
I used to own a GeForce 2MX... I dont think thats the problem. I never had much slowdown and I was doing far more intensive 2D stuff during my learning phase of Blitz. Just seems rather odd and rather annoying if this problem persists on other systems.

Almo(Posted 2003) [#8]
A guy here had that problem... my 2D Blitz3D prototypes (using DrawImage) were running at about 1/4 frame rate on his computer. He updated his NVidia drivers, and that fixed it.

Almo! at Acclaim