VincentX help please

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/VincentX help please

DareDevil(Posted 2003) [#1]
how I can calculate the intersection between the plane and rect?

excused my not good English

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#2]
Well eh, you look for math? Well, the solution is an infine amount of points, so you need to know wich of them you need (The end of the intersect line, the middle or ... ). In addtion try to describe in what sort of positions the rect will be, will it tilt? And in what directions?

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#3]
What's the difference between a plane and rect? Typically, the intersection between 2 two dimensional entities in 3D space is a line. If a rect is a plane with limitations, the intersection would be a line within the same limitations.

Shambler(Posted 2003) [#4]
The intersection between 2 planes is an infinite line however between a rect and a plane it will be a line of finite length.

Also unless 2 planes are parallel to each other there will always be an intersecting line whereas a rect is much more likely to not intersect with the plane at all.

I would check

1) are all the points of the rect on the same side of the plane in which case they are not intersecting

2) if test 1 above shows the rect is across the plane, create a plane from the rect, calculate the intersect with the other plane and then clip this intersect to the rect's bounds.