Lightwave B3d Export

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Lightwave B3d Export

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#1]
Is there Blitz export for lightwave? i cant seem to find one by doing a google search. Does anyone know if anyone has built one?

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#2]
Try the converter by Lee on the Specs and Utils page

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#3]
Another link to my LightWave Convertor is here . :)

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#4]
Has anyone tried converting the b3dviewer from b3dpipeline for use in LightWave?

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#5]
I will. Once I have the time!

wmaass(Posted 2003) [#6]
errm, dumb question here probably but here goes. I tested the converter out with a sphere. I used the surface baker to bake shading and color into the object. Works great, however I did not use the EntityFX command to tell Blitz to use the vertex colors. Is that normal??

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#7]
If you have vertex colors in your model, then the LightWave convertor should set the EntityFX flags in the converted .B3D file. Setting them again in code should not be necessary.

wmaass(Posted 2003) [#8]
I see, thanks!

@rtur(Posted 2008) [#9]
Does anyone still have Lightwave exporter for Blitz3D?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2008) [#10]
yes. look here: http://www.t3k-entertainment.com/freefiles/lwconvert.zip

TeraBit(Posted 2008) [#11]
The updated link to my old Converter is This

It needs a re-write which it may well get once Max3D is here and any updated B3D format is finalised.

scribbla(Posted 2008) [#12]
a re-write any new additions/tweaks planned Lee

TeraBit(Posted 2008) [#13]
Once Max3D is on the scene, I hope to revisit the convertor and likely include things such as morph targets and more of the material capabilities which should be possible under a next gen system.

scribbla(Posted 2008) [#14]
sounds good

@rtur(Posted 2008) [#15]
Hi Lee!
I've tried your converter and it seems that it does not converts second UV map correctly. Here is result .b3d model:
And here is what expected to be:

This is archive with .lwo model and textures.
http://Stone-of-destiny2.com/temp/picpuzzle.rar

What I'm doing wrong, or maybe this is bug in the converter?

TeraBit(Posted 2008) [#16]
Hmmm, used to work fine :/

Got faffed to death in the end though Vmad chunks (Vertex Map Adustments) and smoothing angle calculations.