Tex_coords in the B3D-Fileformat

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Tex_coords in the B3D-Fileformat

MikeHart(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello,

in the progress of writing an B3D im-/exportplugin for HASHs Animation Master I'm a little confused about the text_coord_sets(1-8) and tex_coord_set_size(2-4) in the Vertex structure. For simple UV-coords for each vertex I have 1 set with a size of 2. But for what do I need more of these???? The reason I ask is because AM supports multiple texturemaps per polygon and maybe I can implement this in the exporter. Can someone explain this part of the B3D-fileformat for me???

Michael Hartlef

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
Blitz supports two different uv coordinates per vertex. Therefore you could have two layers of textures using 2 seperate uv coordinates.

MikeHart(Posted 2003) [#3]
Ok, if I understand that correct, then tex_corord_set_size[4] would support this second texture set. But a value of [3] is possible too, isn't it? and for what can I have up to 8 text_coord_sets????

MikeHart(Posted 2003) [#4]
Ok, I have to restate me question. As I read on the forums, the B3D format supports 8 texture sets that only 2 can be accessed right now. Right? But for what are 4 uv coords for?
I know 2 (uv) or 3, if you wanna count "w" too.
Any hints?

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#5]
The fourth coord isn't used for anything, I think it's there for future expansion...

MikeHart(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thank you for your answer.