Gamepad with Vibration Feedback

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Gamepad with Vibration Feedback

maverick69(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi!

Im currently implementing Gamepad/Joystick support to my game. Evertyhing works fine, but I'm wondering if it is possible to "tell" the gamepad to "shake" and "rumble" because I'm using a Gamepad which supports Vibrations.

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#2]
I think there was a joystick dll that allowed force-feedback stuff

GfK(Posted 2003) [#3]
It used to be on www.blitzcoder.com showcase, but it seems to have disappeared...

maverick69(Posted 2003) [#4]
Thank you. I think you're right. I can't find it on blitzcoder. Does someone know where I can find it. Does anyone have one? Thath would be sooooo coooolll!!!!

Akat(Posted 2003) [#5]
Pepsi just move it because of an error still occult when multiple effect has been drawn. try asking someone who still have the copy of previously version under the name of DirectInput lib and their decls.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#6]
I have it,

It works under DirectX 9 (someone said it would work under 8.x but I haven't tried).

It works very well and I have had no problem with the latest version, I am only running two effects simultaneously though.

The great thing about this is you can make your own vibration fx, as Pepsi included the FFEdit editor.

I have it working on a joypad and a steering wheel, very nicely.

I'll try to email it to you.

Ipete2.

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#7]
It too bad this support isn't built into Blitz3D as it a feature set within DX.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#8]
It works under DirectX 9 (someone said it would work under 8.x but I haven't tried).
Yes, it does work with DX8. I tried it on 8.1 (when DX9 was pretty new and I didn't have the balls to update to it) :)