Creation of a B3D files boned mesh Hierarchy structure?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Creation of a B3D files boned mesh Hierarchy structure?

Stickman(Posted 2003) [#1]
Gona do my best to explain this.......

When creating a skinned animated boned B3D mesh file,
Can A. Skinned Weighted Animated Bone be used as the (1st) or Master ROOT NODE. Meaning the Master Parent of all the children in the hierarchy structure including the mesh itself.

Or Must the Mesh itself be this Root Node. The Parent of all Children in the Hierarchy structure including the first bone of all the other children bones.

Because every time I attempt to use a bone as the root node I get rather an Entity dose not exist or Entity has no animations or a hole lot of other error screens pop up.

Why,
I believe this is why I cant get root group animations to load with Boned models as for some. X files will make the root bone the master Parent and not the mesh.

Whats strange is This type of hierarchy structure works perfect with Object Hierarchy animated files and Not with skinned Boned meshes.

IM confused.
Please Help....
Thanks...............

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#2]
In a single surface model The 'root' node in a .b3d is always the 'MESH' node i.e. the node containing the MESH,VRTS and TRIS chunks.

A node can be either a 'MESH' node or a 'BONE' node but not both.

In multi -surface models it gets a bit more complicated but the root node is still the first 'MESH' node.

Stickman(Posted 2003) [#3]
So the root node of a single surface object w\ bones needs to be that of the mesh node and only the mesh node.
Correct? If so thats trouble.Big Trouble.