Dungeon Maker

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Dungeon Maker

MadMunky(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just let everyone know Dungeon Maker is still being worked on and I now have the website www.bloodwych.co.uk which will have its own Dungeon Maker section.

Theres is info and downloads at www.bloodwych.co.uk but there are some example screenshots

Of course this is all done under Blitz3D :) Cant want till we can port it to linux though :)

soja(Posted 2003) [#2]
What is it? Is it a Dungeon Master clone? Builder? Inspired? (I have to admit, you website seems a bit clunky/disorganized, IMO.)

Whatever it is, it looks really good!

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks amazing! Great job!

Tracer

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#4]
WOW, this looks AWESOME! Fantastic job. I can't wait to play this one :c)

Andy(Posted 2003) [#5]
Where do we get a demo?

Andy

Wulde(Posted 2003) [#6]
Bloodwych.... I remember. I am nearly 100 prozentos sure there was a roleplaying game of that title before???

Wulde

MadMunky(Posted 2003) [#7]
Bloodwych is a old amiga/st game theres all the info about it on my website + downloads :)

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#8]
Ooooh this looks great! I always loved the Dungeon Master style games.

MadMunky(Posted 2003) [#9]
Here are some ingame video shot so you can kind of see what Dungeon Maker is like (Sorry about the sizes and qaulity but if anyone know how to do it any better let me know) Dungeon Maker normally runs on my machine at 50 to 60fps.

Bloodwych: This is the map im working on with the old Bloodwych graphics set.

http://www.bloodwych.co.uk/dm/Bloodwych.wmv (Around 13MB)

Test: This is just a little test map to try new objects and stuff

http://www.bloodwych.co.uk/dm/Test.wmv (Around 35MB Higher Res)

Castle: This also is just another test map.

http://www.bloodwych.co.uk/dm/Castle.wmv (Around 17MB)

Comments Please

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#10]
Pretty much an overkill Screenshot Post (20 Megabytes in Ram), although it looks good, some browsers get temporary locked by that amount of pics.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2003) [#11]
Looks very cool! Loved the DM/BW games.

MadMunky(Posted 2003) [#12]
Just thought i'd give everyone some new screenshots of how Dungeon Makers coming on.

MadMunky(Posted 2003) [#13]
Just to clear everythink up Dungeon Maker it a program which will remake all the best parts of all the old DM type games like Bloodwych, EOB, Dungeon Master. Hope fully we will have a demo release soon we are just working out some stuff and putting some levels together (Remaking the first levels in all the popular games like DM, Bloodwych etc plus are own maps)

<Death>(Posted 2003) [#14]
Looks very cool!

Bremer(Posted 2003) [#15]
Looking forward to a demo of this. Looks great so far.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#16]
Cooool - love the title screen! I hope that most of the game will be "underground"... those shots from the "back yard" seem IMO less cool than "in the dungeon" shots.

MadMunky(Posted 2004) [#17]
We have just added support md2 model now, take a look.

Also we now have are own domain / web host

http://www.dungeon-maker.com/

Take a look at the website if you want to see more monsters/screenshots :)

Dr Derek Doctors(Posted 2004) [#18]
Wooo! The 3D monsters help it a lot as the 2D ones were a bit "meh...". This is shaping up into something jolly interesting indeed as I absolutely *adore* dungeon crawls. Btw, is there an automapper built in?

MadMunky(Posted 2004) [#19]
Just working on a start to my map, what do you think of this

puki(Posted 2004) [#20]
I'm not so keen on outdoor stuff for this type of game - I didn't like it when EOBIII did it with that faff around a maze of trees excuse for an outdoor area. I like the dungeon crawling stuff - it works better for Dungeon Master/EOB type games.

Looking forward to the demo.

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#21]
Nah, don't listen to 'im.
Include the outdoor stuff too.
More variation the better.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#22]
I love what you are doing with this!

One serious comment I have though, is, doesn't that door look a bit low to get under?

Just a heads up if you know what I mean ;)

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#23]
Does this guy know you're using his pic for your title screen?

http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/gallery_image.php?image_id=409

MadMunky(Posted 2004) [#24]
1. The door isnt open thats just the texture for the floor, maybe i should change that.

2. We are no longer using that title, he did know that we where going to use it but its not being used for a new price of persa game.

Thanks for all your comments we are hoping to get a release ready this week or next.

Almo(Posted 2004) [#25]
I'm with Puki... outdoor stuff that's just the same with trees instead of walls feels cheap. Remember being disappointed when Bard's Tale 2 said "Go outdoors!" and it was just tree textures on walls. :(

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#26]
Ishar had some very nice outdoorsy scenes. And Ishar II. And come to think of it, Ishar III. The forest part was especially quite nice.

They were all mostly set outside. =]

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#27]
Cool, The game looks great, btw.

puki(Posted 2004) [#28]
"John Blackledge" is right about the variation aspect. My previous post looks a bit negative.

The Ishar games were gorgeous for what they were (In fact the only thing I can remember about them is the outdoor stuff).

I have no criticism of the outdoor scences themselves - I just prefer the underground dungeon crawling, that to me is the fun part of this type of game.

MadMunky(Posted 2004) [#29]
yeah all the level is underground this was only a intro to the dungeon thought it would be nice see a enterance