Does anyone else use Vorderman`s ODE dll?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Does anyone else use Vorderman`s ODE dll?

CopperCircle(Posted 2003) [#1]
I have some questions...

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
Nope, because it isn't stable with any builds past 1.7x

CopperCircle(Posted 2003) [#3]
I know but I have tracked down what causes the lock ups and im trying to find a complete solution. I have got all the examples running stable on v1.85 but there`s still issues.

Vorderman(Posted 2003) [#4]
Have you...? So what was wrong with them? Please let me know.

CopperCircle(Posted 2003) [#5]
Hi Vorderman, could you email me, so that i can send you some examples and then maybe we could solve the ramaining issues. I tried your old tesco email address that you had mailed me on before but its not is use.

Cheers,

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#6]
If you update it, remember to tell me, so that I can update the ODE page on my site

elias_t(Posted 2003) [#7]
Hi. I noticed that I didn't had any crashes using the compiled exe's of vorderman's demos. Some demos crashed only when running from the ide.

But checking on ode's site I saw that the main reason
for such crashes is the stack size.

from the doc's:
ODE makes heavy use of the stack for storing temporary values. For very large systems several megabytes of stack can be used. If you experience unexplained out-of-memory errors or data corruption, especially on Windows, try increasing the stack size.

TheMan(Posted 2003) [#8]
From where I can download it? link please..

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#9]
Take a look at my sig

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#10]
Is anyone still getting crashes?

And is source avalible?

Nacra(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hey guys, I've been using ODE in a Blitz3D project and have had few lockups. I've got just one mobile vehicle, 5 ode objs and 5 joints, and then a dozen or so static objs and I'm applying relative forces. That's about it.

CopperCircle did you get anything figured out with Vorderman?

I'm hoping to stick with ODE and not switch over to Tokamak - but maybe I need to do some more testing to make sure that a retail EXE is stable with the ODE lib.

Paul