CShop is crashing...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/CShop is crashing...

poopla(Posted 2003) [#1]
I dunno why this is happening, it started after I ordered Cshop.. great timeing ;). It happens when I click on something most often. Also, when Im dragging the views about, sometimes red dots get painted onto the screen. I'll do some more testing.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#2]
Dev,

I had a problem with CShop, kept crashing... I'm not saying that it is CShop, but since I have changed my video card drivers, it has been pretty much perfect since! I don't think it has crashed once!

IPete2.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#3]
Mine crashes to, the demo version at least. Woulda bought it by now wxxcept for the crashing.

Shambler(Posted 2003) [#4]
Crashing is a big issue with version 3.01-3.02.

Josh is currently rewriting the whole thing to try and get rid of this problem, version 4 is currently undergoing beta testing every step of the way, so far we have had about 11 update/bug fixes to check.

Let's hope he sorts it out, CShop will be my number1 level designing tool if he succeeds, the lightmapping quality in CShop exceeds by far similar editors I have purchased.

Although Quill3D doesn't crash on my PC it has several major flaws which are holding me back.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#5]
There were issues in 3.02, most seeming to be related to NVidia drivers. I recommend updating video drivers, if you haven't already. CShop3 also introduced a brand-new 3D engine, and was my first stint at OpenGL programming.

The program is going through a complete revision, and I have just posted a beta which I believe eliminates all existing problems. The bugs that we are tracking right now are very rare and specific to only a few users.

The beta testing goes on at the address below. If beta 4.13 is indeed perfect, completion of the next release could be completed within three weeks.
http://cartographyshop.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=13

These problems are unnacceptable, and I apologize for this temporary problem. If you find that the program has major compatability issues with your machine, please email me privately to discuss a refund.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#6]
This is how extensively we are testing this one. From one of the dedicated beta testers:

Used the program for 40 min, left it running for 2 hours. When I cam back I modeled for and additional 30 min, and added a generator. Walked though the level clicking on things with no freezes or crashes.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#7]
Cool :). It better work well if I'm to help contribute to the group of people who will be destroying Unreal2 ;).

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#8]
Im very pleased with CShop. Asside from the odd crash. it seems to be very usefull. Does anyone know if the Cshop v4 will be a free update for fixes? or just a new version all togeather (ie new features) and if so will it cost $?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#9]
The next version will be a free upgrade, and could be out in three weeks. The version after will add a lot of things I never originally intended CShop to have, like terrain and occlusion, and will be a paid upgrade. It could be a very long time before version 4 comes out.