CameraPick bug?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/CameraPick bug?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi,

I think I have discovered a bug with the camerpick function.
If I create a cube and use camerapick then it selects the cube no problem. However if I do the same thing but scale the cube * 2 then the camerapick only occurs in the region of the smaller (prescaled) cube not the enlarged cube.

Does this make sense?

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
Sort of. Did you scale using ScaleMesh or ScaleEntity. If the same thing happens when you are using ScaleMesh then it is likely to be an official bug... report it in bug report forum.

Before you do so, please check you are not picking inside the object...

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#3]
Rob's right - If you use ScaleMesh after setting up your collision radii/boxes etc then you are only scaling the MESH - nothing else. In order to scale everything -including the collision information then use ScaleEntity.

I would advise you to Scale first and then set up collisions after.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hi, thanks for the response. I've tried ScaleEntity AND ScaleMesh right after creating my cube before any collision stuff etc. It does the same, basically the cube is not picked unless you select the middle of it (where the unscaled cube would have been).

I'm not too sure what you mean about picking the inside of the object. i am outside the cube looking at it. It is solid.

Any thoughts?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#5]
You're using "Box" pickmode.

The default cube size is the same as the default EntityBox size, which is why it works if the cube isn't scaled, but stops working when it is.

You need to resize the EntityBox of the cube manually after you've scaled it up.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2003) [#6]
Hi Gfk,

you win the prize! Awesome, thanks.

Best regards,

dweezil.